Spring is a great time to give your HVAC system a refresh by performing cleaning and maintenance to get it ready to go for the summer. Cleaning your HVAC system offers many benefits including improved indoor air quality, better energy efficiency, less downtime, and extended equipment lifespan. Some of the spring cleaning tasks you might want to consider include:
- Coil cleaning – Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils in your HVAC units is one of the most important maintenance tasks you can do. Over time dust, dirt, pollen, and grime can build up in your coils. If not taken care of, the grime that builds up can cause overheated motors, reduced airflow and efficiency, and poor indoor air quality. Getting your coils cleaned will remove unwanted build up and help to ensure your equipment is performing optimally.
- Air handling unit – In addition to cleaning coils, you should make sure the other components of your air handling unit are cleaned. The fan and fan housing, dampers, air intakes, supply and return sections, interior insulation, and door gaskets and seals should be inspected and cleaned if needed.
- Drain pan & drain lines– Drain pans and drain lines are frequently overlooked components of HVAC systems. Mold and bacteria can accumulate in the drain pan and cause damage if they are not cleaned.
- Air ducts – If it has been a while since you have had your air ducts cleaned, you may want to consider getting them cleaned. Over time, debris, dust, mold, and allergens can accumulate in your air ducts and get circulated through the air in your building. Cleaning your ducts can help your system perform more efficiently.
- Air filters – Your HVAC system’s air filters need to be changed on a regular basis. Dirty and clogged air filters can damage your system and harm the health of building occupants. Prevent issues with your HVAC system and improve the air quality in your facility by performing filter changes regularly.
- Clean up around outside units – Outdoor HVAC units should be cleaned to be free of leaves and other debris. There should not be anything within several feet of outside units to allow air to flow freely.
Schedule a Spring Cleaning with MMC
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors can provide cleaning and maintenance services for your commercial and industrial HVAC systems Our experienced and trained technicians can provide coil cleaning as well as clean and inspect the components of your air handling units and condensate drains. Don’t wait until the hot summer months to have your air conditioning system checked. Performing maintenance in the spring will help to ensure that your air conditioning system is ready to perform efficiently throughout the summer. If you want to learn more about our capabilities or to schedule a service visit, contact us today.