MMC, Since MCMLX111 (1963)
MMC is a fully-integrated mechanical contractor. Since our humble beginnings in 1963, our company has become a leader in designing, building and servicing complex mechanical systems. MMC’s engineers and technicians have nearly 1,400 years of combined experience on nearly 300,000 different projects.
– MMC was founded by Kenneth H. Gilbert.
– MMC moved to 7340 Washington Avenue South in Eden Prairie, MN, increasing their space to approximately 27,000 square feet in a location they would call home for nearly 40 years.
– Kenny Gilbert retired and sold his business to five employees. At this time, MMC employed approximately 125 people and had revenues of $12,000,000. MMC also purchased the company’s first cell phone.
– The company started to expand when they acquired Allied Metalcraft as well as starting the Small Projects (SP) and Service Divisions. MMC also purchased its first computer.
– MMC completed the Mall of America project-one of our largest projects at over 4.2 million square feet. MMC’s Virtual Building Systems Division started in early 1990’s.
– MMC designed a new logo and the company vehicles changed from brown to white.
– MMC was sold to Exelon Corporation. The company completed the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN and opened an office in Phoenix, AZ.
– A group of eight purchased the company back from Exelon. MMC started a pipe fabrication facility and sold Shield Fire Protection.
– The country entered the Great Recession. MMC was able to maintain strong relationships with its banking, insurance, and bonding partners. MMC reached revenues of $175,000,000 and peaked at over 550 employees.
– MMC completed the much anticipated Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins Baseball Club. In July, 2010 MMC purchased a 79,000 square foot building in Eden Prairie, MN. The new space allowed for all three trades to be combined in the fabrication shop as well as future office space growth.
– APi Group, Inc. acquired MMC. MMC merged with Doody Mechanical. MMC had its first annual Oktoberfest customer appreciation event.
– MMC celebrated 50 years in business.
– MMC was awarded its largest project to-date, Sanford Fargo Medical Center.